During the week
Early in the morning at 8 am you get picked up directly from your hotel in Nairobi. After a two hours trip with a bus and a motorbike ride you will have a welcoming chai at your host families place. In the afternoon, you can use your time to learn about the Maasai heritage and culture. After you are back in the homestead, you will feast on a traditionally prepared dinner. Every morning you will wake up with a fresh air breeze of the Ngong hills and you can join the women in the kitchen for breakfast. Typical breakfast for the Maasai is chai with chapati or bread. After that you can escort the ladies to the dam and fetch your own water or help the men to feed and take care of the cattle.
During the week, you can volunteer in a local nursery school or primary school and support the Maasai community.
At Saturday, you will kick off for a bush walk and explore a traditional bonfire with Maasai dance on top of a mountain. Interact with fascinating Maasai and enjoy the amazing wide-range view and the sunset of the Happy Valley.
On Sunday during the morning hour, the family prepares themselves to go for church. It´s your choice if you want to take this chance to experience an African church in the bush or if you want to take this time to explore your new environment.
At your last day, after lunch, you will be on your way back to Nairobi and you will be in the city late in the afternoon.
Tour Price is inclusive of:
- Bush walk, traditional Maasai dance, Maasai burns, Maasai paintings
- Food package as a host present, which is in line with the Maasai traditions
- Full board accommodation
- Transport from Nairobi to your host Maasai family and back
- Service of an English-speaking Maasai guide
Recommended Packing list:
- Drinking water
- Sun protection (sun screen / hat / …)
- Closed shoes for the bush walk (boots)
- Toilet paper (Maasai only use natural plants, which are called “oleleshua”)
- Flash light (it will be dark, latest 7pm)
- Solar power bank
- Scarf to cover yourself against the dust
- Disinfections spray or hand wash
- An exciting book or a note book to record your impressions
- Drinks and your personal spending
- A Taxi drive instead of public means can be requested.