Early in the morning at 8 am you get picked up directly from your hotel in Nairobi. After a two hours trip with a bus and a motorbike ride you will have a welcoming chai at your host families place. In the afternoon, you will kick off for a bush walk and explore a traditional Maasai dance on top of a mountain. Interact with fascinating Maasai and enjoy the amazing wide-range view and the sunset of the Happy Valley. After you are back in the homestead, you will feast on a traditionally prepared dinner.
After you woke up with a fresh air breeze of the Ngong hills, you can join the women in the kitchen for breakfast. Typical breakfast for the Maasai is chai with chapati or bread. After that you can escort the ladies to the dam and fetch your own water or help the men to feed and take care of the cattle. During the morning hour, you can use your time to learn about the Maasai heritage and culture. If you want you can use this time to explore your new environment. You can as well make a visit to a local nursery or primary school. After lunch, you will be on your way back to Nairobi and you will be in Nairobi late in the afternoon.
Tour Price is inclusive of:
- Bush walk, traditional Maasai dance, Maasai burns and Maasai paintings
- Food package as a host present, which is in line with the Maasai traditions
- Full board accommodation
- Transport from Nairobi to your host Maasai family and back
- Service of an English-speaking Maasai guide
Recommended Packing list:
- Drinking water
- Sun protection (sun screen / hat / …)
- Closed shoes for the bush walk (boots)
- Toilet paper (Maasai only use natural plants, which are called “oleleshua”)
- Flash light (it will be dark, latest 7pm)
- Solar power bank
- Scarf to cover yourself against the dust
- Disinfections spray or hand wash
- An exciting book or a note book to record your impressions
- Drinks and your personal spending
- A Taxi drive instead of public means can be requested.